Two cottages to clean today also - a surprise as I do not normally clean on Sundays. I don't normally clean on Mondays either, but apparently I am doing three tomorrow.
I was just finishing up (eating an icecream I had found in the freezer of one of the fridges) when some incoming guests arrived somewhat early. She was wandering along in a miasma of disgruntledness - utterly committed to having the worst possible time.
I greeted them and directed them to the checkin area, apologising for having a mouthful of icecream that had to be attended to before it melted down my arm - her response - we had a terrible time finding the place (it is on the high street, clearly marked with the street number and beside another building which also has a clearly marked number). Then - so how do we check in. I licked the melting icecream up and showed them to the area I had already directed them to, explained the need to open the envelope for their code and then open the key safe for their key. They tried to open the clearly marked Key Return box, so I then showed them the key safe (again, clearly marked, immediately above the key return box). They struggled with the idea of rolling the numbers over, so I did that for them then left it open so they could at least get the key out for themselves. 'where can we park the car?' (they were standing beside the car park.), should we move the car before we unpack? So I pointed out the merits of both options...... After further directions to their accommodation (they were standing in front of the site plan) I took advantage of their turned backs and fled the scene. One getting home I texted the boss to let him know he was sure to be getting complaints from them, but they had already been in touch. The accommodation had a terrible 'vibe' and they wanted a refund. He referred them to the booking agent's policy on 'vibes'.... Then they said it was haunted and they wanted another room. It was too small for them (triple the size of a normal hotel room). He upgraded them to the main house for an additional fee. Then they said they had paid less for accommodation in Hobart (they must have stayed in a caravan park!) and so on and so forth. Apparently the Main House is not haunted, and their only complaint was a small mark on the hand towel in the bathroom (they must have gone through the place with a fine toothcomb, so it was a good thing I did a good job). To be frank, if any part of the place is haunted it would be the main house - I get uneasy in the loungeroom sometimes - so I am rather hoping some ghosties and ghoulies do their worst tonight.
So no washing done today as I was busy and probably none done tomorrow either, sigh. Hope it is fine and sunny (and light winds) on Tuesday but I suspect it won't be.
No comments:
Post a Comment