Thursday, November 26, 2015

The forecast was mildly optimistic with 9.7 being briefly achieved around noon. Mid afternoon it was 0.3 which is pretty chilly by most people's standards. The fire was lit as soon as I got home from cleaning the cottages and has stayed on all afternoon - a condition that will continue till bedtime methinks!

I decided the dogs would have to make do on the local dogfood for another week as a trip to Hobart seemed a bit extravagant when that was all that was required. I will get some of their preferred food next week when I am solvent. Meanwhile, I am hoping tomorrow warms up a bit as it is our day in the Garden. Not looking forward to that one bit!

I bought the ingredients for pork in cider casserole, but have not put it on as I had rather a large dinner. It will go on either tomorrow or Saturday depending on my schedule. I may also save the luscious chops I was planning to use and get out a boned shoulder from the freezer so that I use up some of my longer-term stored food. Basically it is pork, mushrooms, cider and a bit of cream with various herbs added in the cooking process. Sounds pretty nice and the Bulmers' cider was on special at $3.99 for 500ml, which means there should be a glass left over for the cook! Tonight I will reprise lamb chops and mash with peas as that was pretty tasty and is easy to cook on top of the wood burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment