It rained! Well, it was wet all day at any rate - about 7 mm in total last time I checked. It will bring on my lawn just when I had hoped it would not grow again this summer, but will not do the farmers any good. One of them at least has started culling stock to the scandalised horror of some of the more citified of my neighbours. At least he isn't leaving them to become skin and bones like the horrors we used to see in the '70s down Carlton way.
After cleaning the two cottages I brought home some ingredients and started cooking the various layers of the lasagne - it has just come out of the oven and looks rather tasty, so I am looking forward to eating it tonight. I made a very large one (90cm pan) so it will be cut into squares and popped in the freezer for future use.
The potato and Kale soup was divine, and I am going to be cooking it again tomorrow night for a filling dinner (well, filling once I add a bread roll to the mix).
No comments:
Post a Comment