Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I had decided to avoid sewing today to ensure I did not get engaged in any shouting matches with anyone who thought it was a good idea to send ground troops to Syria, or to ban all Syrian refugees. But then I realised that one of us was hosting another of those cooking demonstrations and that perhaps I should go since I had promised to buy something. So I compromised. I had to go in to make up an envelope at the cottages (though it turned out Annie had already done this), so I popped my head in the door as they arrived, asked for an order form, placed my order and left again, heading home for a day in the garden

Then I received a message from the boss telling me we were to get a linen delivery so I headed back in once more to unpack the linen onto the shelves and returned to sewing since it was about time the food would be cooked - it was and it was rather tasty. They had porcupines for first course and date pudding for dessert - all very nice. Then I snuck off once more before the conversation turned to more general subjects and headed home to walk the dogs again.

Cleaning the bank tonight was pretty straight forward as they had had the carpet cleaned and so most of the floors were pretty well clear of clutter (saves on vacuuming time), and now I am home once more.

Be warned that my internet service has been slowed once more - I have no  idea how I did it but I have managed to get through the month's allocation in less than two weeks. There must have been some very sizeable updates in the system or something  - who knows. It will not be back to normal till 6 December, so my presence here may well be erratic if the weather is patchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment