Cleaning the bank took rather longer than anticipated last night as I ran into the boss of the cottages when I arrived and we had a powwow about the linen situation. The company that has been supplying us seemed to have a monopoly but he has finally found an alternate source. The question was - how do we transition from one company to another without getting confused about whose linen belonged to whom. I suggested that since the Bothwell cottages are only newly set up and the cleaners have no idea what they are doing, he should simply remove all the old linen from there and bring it down here for us to use, leaving them with a single source of linen. Then the more experienced cleaners (i.e. us) can sort something out, such a making up each cottage with all one set of linen until we are running low on the older supplies, then marking off each cottage as being fully the new linen company from there on in, till we have only the one, single bed cottage left to use up the spares in. All very complex and took some working out as, while we were doing that, he was loading up his car with linen for the Bothwell cottages and I was rifling through the bags for stuff we needed here and stacking it away. We also agreed that since the new company will only deliver once a week I should place our orders on a Wednesday and stack it on the Thursday since I work those two consecutive days, and it then gives me a bit more work to compensate for Annie getting four days to my three. Then on to the bank and, (phew) to the Roxy in time to get my bottle of milk.
We had the Twilight Fair at the School today where we had a stall for the Garden. This required us to be in at two to pick and bundle veges and set up our table for a four thirty opening. Two cabbages, a bag of silver beet, multiple bundles of spinach and kale as well as rhubarb and bags of broad beans were our offerings. I have leftover kale, spinach and rhubarb to deal with now. I am thinking kale and bean soup, lasagne and frozen rhubarb should help to get through it all.
Feeling rather weary, but then I hate having to talk endless natter to semi-strangers and persuade them to buy stuff. I was relatively restrained myself, buying four stamps (santa claus butterflies and a dragonfly) to make cards with, and some muffins, two dvds that look vaguely interesting and that's about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment