Tomorrow's work has been cancelled. Sort of. Apparently the guest is no longer planning to come, but since there are tradies at work today it is deemed desirable to go in and check they have not left the place looking like a tip. So that is what I will do.
Today has been another overcast day with imminent rain that never falls - hot humid and oppressive. I spent it at the Community Garden. This morning we packaged a lot of seeds in anticipation of the school market next Tuesday evening where we intend to have a stall. We will also be picking rhubarb to sell and anything else we can find (broad beans seem a pretty safe bet), and we have also made up numerous toilet roll tubes so passing infants can plant a seed and take it home to grow. We have decided peas and broad beans are the best options being large and pretty tough despite the abuse they are likely to receive.
I came home with a box full of potatoes from a plant that volunteered in the polytunnel. It was a very leggy plant and seemed to be all plant, no potatoes, but when we pulled it up a quantity of rather large spuds came with it - I expect it will be potato salad for lunch tomorrow. Not sure what variety (if any) they are, but they have red skin.
Dulux Australia has responded very promptly to my email to them, but not to its content which they clearly failed to read. But if you have any pre-primed weatherboards apparently Dulux expects you to sand off the priming before applying their paint - which seems an unusual (and not entirely intuitive) approach. They have suggested I phone them if I have any further enquiries. I have emailed back and indicated written communication is preferred.
Meanwhile, since the tenant is no longer moving out and the sales agent is going on parental leave at any tick of the clock I have told him not to bother starting marketting till he gets back to avoid the potential chaos that would inevitably arise if he leaves part way through the process. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment