The situation with the tenant is complicated by the fact that if the agent enters the house prior to the final inspection I will have no leg to stand on if the inspection finds problems with the way the house has been left (who is responsible for what, and all that). I have emailed the tenant and pointed out that she can have no reasonable objection to inspections being carried out when she is at work as this will not impact on her preparations or time with her child - after all, it is she who has set herself this unreasonable deadline, not me. I await a response.
Meanwhile back at the ranch I very much enjoyed my pork in cider, cream and mushroom sauce, and will be having it for dinner again tonight. The three cottages I had to clean today were relatively easy, though one had a missing tap handle (now fixed) and a pile of dirty dishes left for my delectation. This was eased somewhat by watching Antique Roadshow on the telly as I worked. Three more tomorrow as apparently her next door is otherwise occupied. It must be nice to have sufficient money to forego work for social commitments, sigh.
There is to be a function down at the recreation ground this evening and they are busy setting up at present. Fortunately nothing for me to do as they obtained their key from their father and the place was left in good condition by the last users.
Time to put my feet up, once the dogs have their final walk for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment