Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It was supposed to be marginally warmer today but turned out to be one degree cooler instead - at nine degrees it was definitely fire-lighting time and so on my return from the deep south that is what i did.

This morning, however, I headed down to the northern suburbs to get some cat food - you will recall that Show day inhibited my access to the area the last time I went down. So now the cats and the dogs are well equipped to last a little longer and since they are currently comatose in front of the fire one has to assume they are content.

Managed to keep warm chasing the neighbours' chooks out of the yard several times during the course of the day - I guess another call to council will be required. I keep putting it off on the off-chance they show some social responsibility, but apparently not. The chickens that used to accompany their mother into the yard are now coming in by themselves - and since some of them are roosters also I have to assume that the concept of culling roosters has yet to sink in.

Apart from transcribing the roster for the next two weeks into my diary and getting marginally organised for sewing tomorrow I am afraid that nothing else has happened here. Too cold by half!

No comments:

Post a Comment