Sheesh - the people at Dulux are presumably familiar with dealing with complete morons - either that or they are trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities (now why would I think that?).
Here is part of their response to my complaint: If there is moisture beneath the old paint this can lead to flaking and peeling,
along with the application of paint to powdery or friable surfaces and to
previous coatings. Other causes are dirt on the surface impairing adhesion. If
there is excessive movement of the surfaces (such as at the joints in
woodwork), this imposes stresses on the paint film resulting in cracking and
ultimately flaking and peeling.
Small areas of flaking or peeling can be dealt
with by removing the loose material back to a firm edge, priming with a Dulux 1
step primer sealer oil based and re-coating. Where peeling is extensive or the
overall adhesion is doubtful, the surface should be stripped completely before
repainting.
I have sent them photos as requested and also provided them with details as to the date and place of purchase, bar codes, batch codes etc. not to mention prevailing weather conditions at the time the paint was applied (ah the blessings of maintaining a blog!).
Today's morning showers failed to eventuate so I plucked up the courage and did several loads of washing. The first two were on the line and the third in the machine when the showers arrived, but as they were very light and left fairly soon everything was dry before I brought it in eventually. More progress on my way around the kitchen - I unhomed an alarmingly large and hairy spider - the size of a huntsman but hairier and more muscular. It hid under the microwave, and as far as I am concerned, it can stay there. I am not lifting the microwave up to dislodge it! Fortunately I had already cleaned under there, so it can be safe for another six months! lol.
We are having seesaw weather for much of this week - today 13 - tomorrow 22 and 27 the following day. Then 15 on Tuesday followed by a more gradual rise in temperature. I know Tassie has variable Springs, but this is ridiculous!
No comments:
Post a Comment