Saturday, October 17, 2015

Well what a fabulous day we had today! OK, there was a galeforce wind that made driving down to Richmond an exciting experience, but once I got there I discovered there are two parks by the river. I was in one, and Barbara was in the other one. I finally joined her in her spot which was a bit more sheltered than the one I had chosen (I had no idea it existed or it would have been my first choice). For entertainment we had a wedding party with a light-weight wedding dress with train that was just not quite coping with the wind, lol.

But they managed to get the deed done, the bridesmaid did not fall off her heels and they all seemed to be having a lovely time.

 I doubt their wedding feast was any nicer than our joint birthday feast - all that Stilton was for me as neither Barbara nor Emily like it, but the cheddars and brie had to be shared Pickled onions, spiced pears (that strange pinky red thin in the middle of the box), olives, quince jelly, walnuts - mmmmm! And a  particularly nice red to go with it all, given to Barb by one of the teachers at her workplace.

We ate these and a few additional bits and pieces contributed by Barb, then set off around the shops. First stop was of course the candy store where we each stocked up on a doubleheader icecream cone. Mine was toffee on one side and cookies and cream on the other - very nice combination I must say. We sat in a sheltered spot in the sun while we ate these, then wandered into some of the many delightful shops in Richmond.

Lafayette on Bridge (the shop with the $12000 giraffes I admired last time) had a superb selection of jewellery and handbags and scarves. I particularly admired one that was exactly my colours and style, but at $89.00 I decided to leave it for another day, wandered into the next part of the shop, then upstairs to the Christmas decorations (they have an all year round Christmas store upstairs which is to die for!) then back to the cars via another few shops.

When we got to the car, Barbara presented me with the shopping bag she had acquired while I was upstairs and there it was! My beautiful wonderful handbag! We have agreed it is my Christmas and Birthday presents for the next ten years as we don't usually exchange gifts, but .... wow!

 This is it in all its glory! Mustard yellow (the colour reproduction is not that good) leather with leather handles, zip closure topped by two pop button closures for added security. Inside it has a special extra present - another handbag! Slightly larger than an evening purse, so that will give you an idea of the scale, it comes with a shoulder strap so you can use it together or separately. I am the happiest little camper this side of the black stump right now as you can well imagine. It has been placed carefully out of sun, and reach of dogs and cats to ensure I get to keep it forever!


2 comments:

  1. Ah, Richmond! What a lovely spot. Congratulations on your birthday and your lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EMW - it really is a lovely place to go - even when the wind is galeforce. And I am still more than a little excited about the handbag!

    ReplyDelete