I am informed by the 12 year old next door that the reason they are letting the chooks out again is because they don't escape any more and some of the hens are laying under the barn.............. I pointed out that I had chased them out of my yard three times yesterday so he has told me he will be letting Robin know. One hopes with some change in behaviour.
Predictable the five roosters they have are fighting and this is another incentive for them to let them out once more. I suggested they either get rid of all bar one of the roosters or consider building them separate runs. One can but hope.
The cottage I had to clean today was unoccupied, so when I rang the boss to see if I had got it wrong he assured me he had forgotten to tell me. Still - it will be occupied tonight so I should get some work tomorrow. As it is I will be cleaning the bank tonight and putting out the garbage at the cottages so can check to see if anyone is in there.
Sewing today was a bit of variation - they had a presenter there who was selling cookware. I had hoped I would resist temptation but they had a really lovely knife set. No I didn't buy the entire set,, but I did buy a little version of my East West knife with a curved blade which will be great for chopping things up. I left early as the loathesome one had invited herself to the presentation despite having already been to several of them (anything for free meal apparently). The presenter cooked us butter chicken in the pressure cooker (way beyond my budget right now) and steamed some lemon sponges for dessert in the wok (another gadget I already own and never use). They also had great kitchen shears which I have put on my wish list and since another of the group will be hosting a party I have indicated I will order them at hers. I have always wanted some kitchen shears - I used whatever scissors come to hand at present, and they do not necessarily do the job you need.
Lovely sunny day today but quite a lot cooler than we have had recently (and a pleasant change that is). It will be zero tonight so I will lay the fire before heading out to the bank and light it when I get home, to reheat my leftovers from our lovely lunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment