Saturday, October 24, 2015

Another cool sunny day and two cottages to clean. We have been getting some feedback from unhappy clients who are unimpressed with the standards of cleanliness. Some complaints legitimate, some not so much (eg the one whose complaint was probably prompted by the lingering odour of cooking oil rather than the cleanliness of the place). That said, I took a little more time and looked more closely in drawers and such and did find the cutlery tray had accumulated invisible grime which responded favourably to a dip in hot water and suds, and the waste basket in the bathroom had some scuff marks on it and so on. Not really acceptable when you are holidaying I have to agree, but easy to overlook when you are doing the same places day in day out. Since neither Annie nor I would ever win any housekeeping awards in our own homes, I guess I need to up my game a bit. Still, if I get any complaints about the two I did today there will be a dead traveller somewhere.

I also called in to visit a friend en route to the cottages and had a cuppa, a gossip and a sit in her garden (a thing of beauty) before heading into the fray - her own standards of housework are an inspiration (or intimidation depending on my frame of mind).

No comments:

Post a Comment