Monday, October 12, 2015

The fog moved in again last night, but was gone by morning - not that you could notice as it was very dark and overcast. When I got up at 5:30 it was still quite dark, but there was a bright glow on the eastern horizon - bit early for the sun and not quite in the right place. Not in the right place for headlights on the Inglewood Road either. Had me puzzled till the train came round the bend. Not a peep out of it till it was out from behind the hill - how odd.

I was glad of the firewood I cut yesterday and remain so. The fire is chugging away merrily and we are all snug inside at present. I filled in the relevant paperwork for putting the house on the market and then headed into town to get the Doctor's signature that I am me. That done I called in to see a friend and chatted for a while before returning to the cosy little house. I had intended to get some housework done today as well, but you know how it goes. Another good book.

Bank to clean tonight and then feet up. Tomorrow will apparently be less rainy (not that much has fallen, but plenty has threatened) so I hope to get some more whipper snippering done. Or not as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment