Thursday, October 8, 2015

I had a phone call from the property managers in the UK last night (amazing!) which was all easily sorted. Apparently their email to my hotmail account bounced. Somewhat alarmed I logged in and discovered that they had closed the account and deleted all my emails (silly me for not logging in for ages). So now I have to get copies of lots of financial statements that I had not downloaded for some time. Sigh.

On the plus side this prompted me to check how property values were chugging along back 'Home' as we used to say. And the news was excellent so with any luck I will be putting the place on the market toot sweet (as they say). Yay! That will be a huge load off my mind and will also sort out the outstanding work needed here if I get anything approximating the price they suggested.

Today we went to Buckland Nursery with the Garden Tour, then next door to a rather lovely native plant garden open to the public (you really do have to make the effort if you are up that way). From there we went to Design in Stone (the place where they sell lumps of sandstone etc) where I was rather pleasantly surprised at the price sandstone is, and the cost of delivery to these parts (not that I intend to lash out on sandstone any time soon). Finally we went to York Plains were a couple have been developing their garden for nine years (they have bore water and he is ex Sydney Botanic Garden) into something quite amazing in the environment in which they are operating. It is not yet open to the public but they are aiming at being part of the Open Garden scheme when they feel ready.

So here's a little tiki-tour of the various destinations - without commentary, sorry - and apparently in no particular order!




















2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day. Thanks for the pics. Great news about property prices in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - woohoo! I am very excited - even if he has possibly overquoted a bit.

    ReplyDelete