Sunday, October 25, 2015

Our day of sunny 20 degrees with light winds (ideal day for doing the washing I hoped) turned out to be fairly strongish winds, overcast and not 20 till four in the afternoon. Oh well.

We had our local market today and so I trotted up the road in the hopes that since this one had had a big buildup there might be a few more tables than usual. But no. the usual suspects with the usual tat. There was a rather nice flowering currant on one of the tables which I duly bought, but as I was carrying it home I was waylaid by someone else who claimed to have bought it before me. So rather than argue the toss I took it back to the stall, got my money back and gave it to her. She is not only one of our more emotionally unstable people, she is also a close friend of psychoneighbour, so the concept of debating the matter at psychneighbour's front gate was just too wearing for any benefits I might gain (besides, it would probably suffer the fate of my  hawthorn hedge and disappear one day when I am not at home).

Turns out the house over the road is for sale at long last - not terribly surprising. What is surprising is the  price which I would have expected to be higher. At $175,000 it is a snip as all the major work has been completed (fully insulated new roof, new wiring, plumbing huge tanks etc - underpinned and good workmanship in the rebuild of the falling down bits). So I am guessing she is going for the quick sale.

It will apparently be only 12 degrees tomorrow so I am rather glad I have some firewood indoors and won't have to rush out and cut any today. Walking the dogs is my only reason for being outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment