The forecast frost failed to eventuate which was a good thing as I forgot to close up the little mini-greenhouse the seedlings are in. Instead we had a bit of a dew and then the sun came out.
Him next door has worked out that he needs to irrigate his tiny patch of pasture so has been running a pump for the last two nights to operate a knocker sprinkler for several hours at a time. Since he doesn't move it, after a few hours it falls over as the ground gets saturated. Not sure it will do the very young pasture any good, but at least he is trying (if running a pump until 9 pm counts).
I have the opposite problem and so have been out for much of the day with the whipper snipper hacking into the undergrowth. I seem to average a strip two metres wide across the width of the block in an hour, so it will take some time. This is mainly due to obstacles such as loose wire and bits of timber - a large rock, that sort of thing. I have to get rid of all of these and will do so, but it all takes time.
A local farmer just called in on committee business. He is green with envy about my grass. I told him he needs to whack in some electric fencing and bung some sheep in for me. Strange, but apparently not.
I will go nurse my blisters now and wait for Sunday before I resume operations - busy for the next four days so they will have time to heal.
You are right -everything takes time to achieve! Sounds like some good work today. You might like to check out what I did in my day! A quilt finish: http://earthmotherwithin.blogspot.com.au/
ReplyDeleteOh wow - that looks gorgeous. I must add your blog to my 'following' list!
Delete