The one down side of yesterday was the hard frost that unexpectedly happened. The overnight forecast was for four degrees, but the ice on the chooks' water and the crunchy whiteness underfoot suggests that it was rather colder. The walnut leaves, that had just started to unfurl were hit rather badly and are now black and nasty looking. There are still more to unfurl and they look healthy enough, so hopefully it will recover in due course.
It was relatively calm today so I was able to get all the washing done, but not much else as I was feeling lazy. Add to that a visit to my voluble friend in town and that was the day gone before I had a chance to blink. Still, it was a nice, relaxing and generally pleasant day and I have all my washing done and dusted for another week (though what happened to the two odd socks that disappeared remains a mystery).
I also had a brain wave. My shopping list for post-the-sale of the house in the UK included a new mattress. But then I remembered that I have been yearning for a King Sized single bed for some time - if only to reduce the effort involved in turning the mattress. I found that the suite I have now is still available, and so a king-sized single to match the rest of the bedroom furniture is not out of the question. Hopefully I get that far down the list - time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment