This dealing with the other side of the world has its down side as I discovered when a ringing phone summoned me from the depths of sleep at two this morning. I was very tired after yesterday's exertions and so really deeply asleep, so by the time I got to the phone I could barely grunt a hello. Whoever was at the other end (and it was certainly the agents) had a strong regional accent and a tendency to gabble so I had no idea what they said, but grunted hello again at which they hung up. I sat and pondered whether to call them back, or wait for another call but eventually went back to bed again, to lie awake and wondering for some time.
This morning, as a consequence, I did not get up till after eight and was barely into my second cup of coffee, still in PJs when a knock at the back door announced a visit from Heather. Now normally I can get away with a quick chat and send her off, but this morning she was insistent on coming indoors and being given tea and chattering away at a million miles an hour while I tried hard not to nod off once more. Finally sorted her out and logged onto FB for a quiet read while finishing off my coffee when I received a message reminding me there was something i had to do before noon today. So I did that, printed it out and finally fell into the shower which failed to refresh.
More coffee, two walks with the dogs and I was still barely coherent by the time i got to sewing. So after stitching one row of counted cross stitch I gave up and came home for a wee nap. This lasted for 45 minutes before Seb realised the house was too quiet and I was prone on the couch, so of course the only thing a dog could do was half climb onto my chest and lick my face enthusiastically.
I expect I will manage to stay awake long enough to clean the bank, but after that I will be turning off both the phones and going to bed. If they want me they can send an email.
No comments:
Post a Comment