You might recall that my big plan for today was to get the washing done (especially now i have water). I was just contemplating getting onto it when my boss messaged me to let me know there were two cottages to clean today (and another two tomorrow, not to mention the big one on Saturday), when my diary told me I had nothing to do. Seems he got the roster muddled and forgot to tell me. Sigh.
while I was in there dealing with that lot (and the linen delivery he had forgotten to mention) I called into sewing to let them know they would have to live without me, and then headed home to finally start the washing around one thirty. The last load (actually the last one I did - there is still more to be done) went on the line at 3:30 so I had little hope it would dry in time as the shade from the neighbours' pine trees tends to come over the line fairly early in the afternoon. To my great astonishment it is all dry, however, and now folded away for another week. Phew.
I had concluded overnight that the corner cabinet is a must have simply because i have been looking for something like it for years and it is not going to sit in the shop till I get myself organised. So I tracked down the owner and have to call once more tomorrow morning to check if it is still there (he was at an auction). If so, I will head up to Launceston either before or after I clean cottages and collect it. Woohoo!
Another lovely sunny day I have to say, so it was quite warm with all the running around. Tomorrow, fortunately, will be marginally cooler as I hate driving to Launceston in hot weather - the more open landscape up there seems to make you feel too hot for some reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment