Well I got to the bank last night and found a note asking for my phone contact number (I am actually their client but apparently looking up my records did not occur to them). So I left my number and offered to call in today while I was next door doing the cottages. But instead I had a phone call which merely informed me their big boss would be calling me tomorrow. So I continue to await developments on that front.
The cottages were busy last night so I had all three to deal with. This is not necessarily as bad as it sounds as the big one had one had one bed slept in. And I get to watch television while I am cleaning so caught the news and various other items of interest.
Once home I erected the ladder under the manhole to let the cats into the ceiling to deal with this year's nesting blackbirds. Smidgen has not been seen since, but Esther seems to be in two minds as to how interested she is. Seb can't stand the excitement so has gone to bed - my bed.
I will be collecting my whipper snipper tomorrow from the service station - I am told it was overheating which I already knew, but we have discussed fuel mixes and I will be taking my jerry can in tomorrow to get something better than I have been using to date. Syche is once again unavailable for the Garden which is becoming a bit too much of a habit so I will need to talk to her about it - she always has a good reason though which makes it difficult.
The next few days will be building up to a heat wave with 26 forecast for next Tuesday - Wednesday will be 13 however, so it will be short-lived. Between that and the winds that are also building, we may see our first bush fire of the year before too long. Definitely time to have the whipper snipper in action full bore. All I have to do is find some time to do it in, which will certainly not be the next two days.
At least Council, for the first time in recorded history, mowed the lane for me today - I was astonished. I don't know how many years it is since they came down it, certainly not for the seven odd years I have been here, and probably not for a lot longer than that as it was horribly overgrown when I moved in. I wonder what prompted that?
No comments:
Post a Comment