Monday, October 26, 2015

All incentive to get productive went out the window after I lit the fire at ten this morning. The forecast for 12 degrees was downscaled to ten degrees and it was raining on and off this morning. Mostly off, I have to say with only two mm in the gauge, but better than nothing i guess.

Now the wind has picked up somewhat, presumably to bring in the eighteen degrees that is supposed to happen tomorrow, but between now and then we are expecting minus one, so who knows what it is all about.

Heather popped by to check out my corrugated iron collection as she is building a woodshed, and that was the sum total of today's activity. Bank to clean tonight then off to bed which is a strangely appealing destination considering how little I have been doing.

I did check out wall paper online - there is a chinoiserie one that appeals for the bedroom - lemon backdrop with pink paeonies (small) trailed across it in sort of a diagonal lattice. I am thinking that might be the easiest way to deal with the fireplace and the wooden rails down the corners of the chimney breast.

But the main interest was in the lining paper which can cover up cracks - a very appealing option all things considered. That you can paint over as well, so it provides a number of options all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment