Friday, October 30, 2015

I rubbed in a bit of polish today which is a good way to become familiar with a new piece of furniture (and it now smells rather nice too). The panelling on the door is actually the fine plywood you find on the back of mirrors. Since it is clearly cut to shape and the depth of the timber surround is sufficient unto the task, I have to assume there was once a mirror there too. Still rather chuffed with that one.

I have had a day in the Garden today - well, part of a day as Syche once again failed to turn up and there is a limit to what I will take on if I am working by myself. I came back in for the kids but it turned out they were having a Halloween day at School (since when did school become a holiday camp instead of an educational institution?) and only three of them turned up. One of them was mucking around with the hose so was put on a warning, but eventually settled down.

Bank to clean after I have had my dinner (I am feeling a bit peckish as I forgot to have lunch) and I will pick up a pizza while i am in there in case I am still feeling hungry when I get home. If not it will do for tomorrow's dinner - actually it will do that anyway as I will only have a couple of slices if I am still hungry tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment