Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Well keeping the chooks in their run lasted for what? Three weeks? I guess Council has told them they will now only be calling in on spot checks, because they were out again today. Not ones to waste time, they spread themselves around generously and shared their destructive powers with all of the neighbours.
 I noticed her next door marching down the road with murder in her eyes, so I assume I am not the only person who is getting more than a little tired of this fecklessness. If they have left the door open again I guess it will be another call to Council - who must be heartily sick of them by this stage - I know I am!


It was supposed to be 24 degrees, overcast with a low risk of late showers (as in late tonight) today. It hovered below 15 for all of the day. The showers were already falling when I woke up and scuttled off after lunchtime. At three o'clock I cracked and lit the fire. At four o'clock the temperature swooped up to 20 degrees so it is a tad warm indoors and out at present. You can't win. At least it reminded me to cut some additional firewood as we have two days of 12 degrees for the next couple of days. Since the temperature has to drop fairly precipitately and there are a lot of black clouds about I am assuming those 'showers' later tonight will be a thunderstorm.

Since the weather was not quite gardening weather I simply planted one of my new grevilleas in the spot where the correa died, discovered that the apparently dead callistemon still has one green leaf so may actually just be a bit frost-bitten, and so all the rest of the plants are still waiting to go in. I also cut a large barrow load of firewood, some of which is keeping us all overheated right now, and called into the Men's Shed to provide specifications for a plant trolley they are making for us for the Garden. We have a couple of frost-sensitive fruit trees that we want to be able to shift in and out of the hydroponics shed during inclement weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment