A lazy couple of days so not much to report. I did manage (finally) to complete the applique central medallion for the black and yellow quilt I started ages ago. I put it aside as nothing seemed to fit, and I was getting in a bad mood, and the stitching was (still is) too visible and ... well you know when to put a project down. It lurked in its box for months and months and only came out again when I took the fabric up to Jean's the other day. Looking at it again it was quite easy to see where the problem lay, so I unpicked that one piece, re-sewed it and finished the thing off today at sewing (there being no cottages to clean).
So here it is (apologies to those of you know know what applique should look like), and now I have four more to make (but a simpler layout with only two flowers and some spread leaves to go in the corners of the quilt).

Looks amazing! I am an avowed hater of doing applique, but I acknowledge it always looks amazing when other people do it!
ReplyDeleteBut when you do it yourself it looks like rubbish - we self-criticise too much methinks.
ReplyDelete