Friday, May 1, 2015

Two of the teachers at the school decided that they would like to have classes over in the Garden. Apparently they have been teaching the theory for some time but didn't get around to letting us know they had this in mind. So today we had 30 students descend on us with only 24 hours notice. Fortunately we had mostly cropped the beds that we decided to allocate to them, and were able to lift the rest of the crop before they arrived.

It looks a better bunch than last year with two more experienced teachers who have a firm grip on their classes and also have a willingness to talk and negotiate (again, an improvement). We sent them home with some cabbages and beetroot as Syche and I are pretty well over the brassica crop at this stage. The remaining cabbages I have given to Judy as she seems to eat more veges than meat apparently.

Also at the Roxy I found some lemon balm and shallot plants so I have taken those home with me to pop into my own garden. I may yet score a 10,000 litre tank as Judy apparently wants to get ride of one - that would be great as it will double my storage capacity. I have ample fat sand to spread for a base so it will just be a matter of her getting around to it and James and I establishing a location for it. Once done I can re-assign the roof drainage appropriately as that will simply be a matter of gluing new fixtures to the existing standing pipe that feeds the tank I have. I will have to work out relative heights etc once i know which tank she is referring to.

Judy has about had it with them next door. Annie went into town early this morning to pick up 'him' from hospital and has not yet returned - leaving Judy to feed out the horses several times during the day (without bothering to phone to say when she would be back) and to deal with the kids when they get home from school. Since one of the horses attacked Judy that is not going to happen. The filly lowered her head and charged, hitting Judy down the side of her chest hard with its head - at least it was not teeth and hooves. She was thrown to the ground, which at 65 is not really something you want to have happen.

Bank to clean tonight and a cottage to do tomorrow - good thing i am starting to feel a bit better - the day in the garden seems to have cleared up my lungs a bit - but they are filling up once more in anticipation of nightfall. I just lit the fire, James too Seb for a flat out run around the oval and so at least that is one worry off my mind.

I bought pizza as this week they forgot to add the pineapple to the vegetarian option, and it will be a nice filling meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment