Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I was rather disappointed that the promised snow to 300 metres failed to put in an appearance today - I was rather looking forward to being snowed in. Still - it was a nice sunny day and as long as you were out of the wind it was quite pleasant. The wind was not terribly cold either, just rather ...... forceful.

I decided to go to quilting since i had nothing better to do, but was perhaps not in the right frame of mind for it. They seemed to be in gossip central mode and some of it was rather malicious gossip. Since it was about a friend of mine (the chap who was hit by a reversing car outside our local supermarket) and suggested he had not in fact been hit at all and it was all a beatup because he was a bit shonky, I was rather irate. I asked them if he was suing the person who had hit him, and when they said no, I pointed out that he could hardly be telling porkies for his own benefit then. I then went on to tell them that he had done a hell of a lot more for our community than some of the malicious gossips maligning him. They changed the subject.

I begin to think I have outgrown the sort of childishness that seems to govern so much of social intercourse these days, and wonder if it is possible to check into a society where people act like adults instead. Hard to know where one might find such a thing these days.

I came home to find James had taken advantage of my absence to return the book I had loaned him. Since there was no note, I have to conclude that either he was unable to get into it (it is a dense and difficult book) or that they have decided to cut off all future relations. Again an astonishingly childish act from someone to whom I have offered nothing but friendship. Humans suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment