The snow seems to have kept itself to higher points so far which is a good thing as I had a few bits and bobs to deal with today. Firstly a trip up to see the treasurer of the railway committee and drop off some notes I had made for a brochure that is presently being revised (they have about as many things wrong about the history of this town as it is possible to have), then into town to collect the straw.
I received a phone call last night to
tell me it had been delivered to the School Garden, which, while unexpected was
actually a good outcome since it did not mean we needed to worry about whose
place it was delivered to (and who had to collect their straw from the other
location). It is quite loosely packed and the bales are not as long as usual
which may be why it was so cheap. I suspect, since it arrived from the farm of
the grandfather of the student who sold it to me, that is a result of his own
learning efforts.
Fortunately it was stacked inside one
of the sheds, so I simply removed my five bales and piled them into the back of
the ute, to be taken home and stacked in the small chicken shed, currently not
in use. I noticed Judy was cleaning the cottages so popped in to let her know
where it was. Her grandson James was helping and was pleasant, relaxed and
smirking mildly as if he recognised the situation is ridiculous. Judy was a
little stiff and formal, but I simply dashed in and told her where it was as if
there had been no interruption. As it was raining I had the perfect excuse to
dash straight off again. I expect she thinks I had it sent there deliberately
to annoy her.
Then home to pile the straw (well,
three bales of it) into the chicken shed and to try fitting over it a large
black woven plastic cover that had blown into my yard in the recent gales. The
door of the relevant shed has dropped so the bolt does not do up, but this will
provide some protection for the straw until I can address that. The weather is
presently from behind the shed so it should all be good.
I stuffed some of the looser bits into
the roosters' bedroom so they have something to snuggle into tonight (they keep
scratching their bedding out and leaving it lying around in the run), and ran
for cover as another shower came over.
Also cut another barrow load of wood so
I should be good for a couple of days, and tomorrow when they are forecasting
snow to 400 meters I will be snug as a bug if they are right and I can not get
out. So far no cottages to deal with tomorrow but tonight I have to clean the
bank as I forgot it was Monday yesterday (until I was in bed with the light
out), and didn't get it done. Silly me.
No comments:
Post a Comment