Lovely day in the garden today and we got quite a bit done. I whippersnipped all the paths clear of weeds to allow student access and then the mob descended on us. Meanwhile Syche and I cleared out the polytunnel, preparatory to leaving it to solarise for a couple of weeks to get rid of bugs, shut it up and then moved two potting tables into the hydroponics shed in anticipation of student needs.
The new teacher is much more receptive and open to ideas and help than the last one was. She is keen to set up a gardening program in the school so we directed her to a couple of programs that are available which offer funding, not only for the gardening activity but for a staff member (I suggested I would be the ideal candidate, lol) who could work part time with some students and help those who are not good at sitting in a class room all day. If they are anything like Brady, the kid who has taken control of the chicken project (because he was not good at sitting in class all day) they may even be fun to work with.
Then I ran into the General Manager of the Council so asked him if he knew about our AGM which is rumoured to be some time in the coming week. He too had been surprised to read about it in the paper, but had no recollection of the date. He promised he would get one of the women in the office to run up some notices for distribution around the village, and give them to our president (who works for council) before he went home tonight. Won't hold my breath, but since the meeting will be happening over the back fence I guess I can just pop down if I see some cars there, and see if it is the meeting or the eightball competition roster.
The problem with the new mattress is that it makes getting out of bed difficult, lol. I woke at 6:30 this morning (a good time as I had to be in the Garden by nine), but then went straight back to sleep again. Far too comfy!
No comments:
Post a Comment