Another frost, but rather lighter than yesterday's. Having cut some wood and lit the fire I settled down to do some counted cross stitch. I was just drawing another length of thread when I realised I was using the wrong colour (doh), so instead spent my time carefully cutting away the offending threads, hoping in the mean time that my stash of several hundred threads contains on in the right shade of tan. Since it only requires one short (50cm) allocation in that colour I suspect it is for detailing backstitches and so a close match should do the trick nicely. Meanwhile all that concentrated work made my left shoulder sore and my eyes a bit dry, so no more of that today, thank you very much.
In half an hour I sally forth to clean the bank and will then return to sit and read, since sewing is clearly not going to be a option, sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment