Well. Another day wasted - sort of. I got to sleep until eight this morning which was amazing for me. Quite the sleep-in! It made for a leisurely start to the day and if I hadn't had to clean a cottage I would have still be in my PJs by lunchtime, but as it was, I was up and dressed, dogs walked and out the door by eleven.
Cottage clean once more i returned home, walked the dogs again, and ate some lunch then, because I have been wanting something to do with my hands for a while, dug out a counted cross stitch.
By the time I laid down three rows of gridding (ten stitch intervals), ruled up the guide graph accordingly, and started work, it was time for another walk with the dogs.
The mares have gone from next door at last - it took a 13 year old visitor to get them loaded calmly as He is a bit too heavy handed and clueless, and their own daughter is overconfident and pushes the horses along when she leads them. It was, in fact, amazingly calm, usually any activity with the horses involves vast amounts of distressed neighing, but it seems the stallion has only now noticed his mares are gone, and has set up a bit of fuss. At least we know it is not the horses that are the problem now. I can but hope this presages some sort of concerted effort to sort out the yard (and boundary fencing), but if it doesn't I will be having some words to say myself on the subject, since I really don't want to be living next door to a dust bowl come summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment