Monday, May 18, 2015

The newspaper seems to be having a desirable impact on Seb's attention span, though occasionally I have to be quite firm with my thigh if he is thoroughly interested in something (the neighbour's cat for example). At least we seem to be making some progress and slapping my thigh seems to bring him back to me when I say 'come' as well. We live in hope, though I will have a sore thigh for a while.

I finally dropped in my note for Judy today as i discovered she did not have a letter box (how odd), so I slipped it under the front door. No reaction yet, but I expect they will need to talk among themselves first.

I cut two barrow loads of wood today in anticipation of the change coming on Wednesday. Seven degrees with rain probably means more snow, so a cosy fire will be desirable. There will be four consecutive days in single figures, so I will need to keep warm for some time. It is really very unusual at this time of year to have such a long spell of cold weather as we have had.

My friend who is moving into the village showed me around her cottage this afternoon. It is rather sweet, if rather small, and as she says - for an English person, the yard is quite enormous, though small by the standards of the village. It is the house that sits at the corner of the road as it curves, so all the neighbouring lots have full length yards, and hers is triangular and truncated by the meeting of those longer yards.

Bank to clean tonight so I am just reheating the left over pizza for dinner tonight. I will get some stew veges while in town and make a slow-cooked dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment