Friday, May 8, 2015

Well that went well - not. About half an hour after Judy left in a huff, her sister came over. She was extremely belligerent and kept on telling me 'don't you dare speak to my sister like that'. When I remonstrated she took me by the front of my windcheater and started shoving at me, then came chest to chest with me forcing me to step backwards. I knew that I could not go too far backward as I had some gardening tools (including a rake with the tines turned upward and a pitchfork) behind me, so eventually, when there was  no sign of let-up I punched her. She then punched me back, hit me over the head with the tray of baked beans she was carrying, and kept on coming. So I took a handful of hair and pulled. All that did was bring us both down with her on top, but since I then pointed out that she had assaulted me we at least got a conversation going, albeit an unconstructive one, and I was able to push her off and get inside with the door locked.

The police came out and after speaking to me, went over the road with my message - apologise or face charges, and this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. No idea what the result of his visit was as I have not been home much today.

I had the Community Garden on the schedule so got there half an hour late. Syche had called in sick as I discovered when I checked my phone, having noted her car was not there. I too was not feeling the best so I went to see the doctor, who, knowing both Judy and myself has assured me that when tempers cool things will be OK once more. I gather he intends to have a chat with her.

Since the trip to the doctor reduced me to tears, I called in on a friend who was just going out to do her two hours of volunteering work at the hospital. So she stowed me on her couch with a cup of tea, a book and a doona and made me promise not to leave till she got back. On her return she brought some lunch and we sat and talked for some time (about life the universe and everything) by which time I was ready to return home and face the spray pattern of Boston Baked Beans on the back wall of the house.

I was just coming back from walking the dogs when the friend who is intending to move into the village in June dropped by. The local grapevine had advised her of the incident and she came bearing salted caramel biscuits. So I made a cup of tea and we sat and ate biscuits and talked about her plans for moving and how she wants to deal with the new residence, then she left and I hosed off the back wall - scrubbing with the hair broom - and am now settled in for the evening. Prematurely it turns out as I have just remembered I have  a bank to clean once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment