Saturday, May 16, 2015

What a horrible day. It started well with me getting all three loads of washing on the line before heading off to clean the cottages. While there I found a lovely beagle dog with only three legs, that had clearly recently had the relevant surgery, wandering at liberty around the streets. Several people were standing there letting it roam around, but I felt it was showing no traffic sense and was vulnerable. So I caught it and asked someone for a bit of rope and while he was finding that, along came the neighbour of the dog's owner. So we handed the dog over to him and off it went.

I got home and found Judy's horse down on the oval. So I caught it and led it back to her place where the side gates were both padlocked, and the front door was open. So I led it up to the front of the house and called out but received no reply. So eventually I took it through the gate into the back garden which has a dodgy latch. I secured that as best I could then came home and took some scraps down to the chooks. By the time I got there, the horse was back on the oval once more. On reflection I decided it was safer there than running around the streets. I was planning to text Judy to let her know when they arrived back home.

They sent one of the neighbour's kids to get her, and I waylaid the child and explained what I had done. The child simply stood there until I had finished talking then kept on moving up the lane. I have to assume they have been instructed not to speak to me.

Then to compound that, while out walking Seb he spotted one of their chooks on the side of the lane, snatched the leash out of my hands and killed it. I expect i am the demon from hell at this stage of the piece.

I will drop my revised note off tomorrow along with five dollars change (my money, but why compound the situation), and hope for the best. But I suspect they have spent the last week or so convincing themselves I am a violent and unstable person not fit for human consumption.....


No comments:

Post a Comment