Sunday, May 17, 2015

Well, I am over the trauma of yesterday. Nothing i can do about how people interpret the facts, and the chook was not on their property. Also no-one seems to have noticed, as the chook was still there this morning and was only collected (and tossed out of the horse's paddock) in mid-afternoon. (I had thrown it over the fence for them to find).

Seb showed a similar interest in the four chickens in the lane this morning, but I had come prepared and he had a whack on the backside with a rolled up newspaper. On our way back to the house he spotted two more and went into stalk mode, so got another whack on the nose. Now all I have to do is whack my own leg and it gets his attention back where it should be.

I typed out a letter (budget submission) for the Railway Assn, of which I am secretary. Three pages of it, and not terribly coherent or well organised, but I does what I am told and only made a couple of grammatical alterations to the hand-written draft the Treasurer presented to me. He wanted seven copies, would you believe it. One for me, another for the President, and third for the Councillor on our committee, and fourth and fifth for him, and two for ordinary committee members who might be vaguely interested. Oh well - at least it means the information is not lost when someone dies which is what happened to most of our information.

I have also hand-written my note to Judy but will drop it in the letter box after dark because i am a coward.

A barrow load of wood cut and brought indoors (mornings and evenings require a fire these days), and we are now all settling down for a relaxing evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment