Bit of a chilly one last night - minus degrees from three am, and minus 2.7 at 8:30 this morning - brrr. A good layer of frost to make our morning walk crunchy and the ice on the chooks' water supply was so thick I had to knock it out with the top of a star picket!
Three loads of washing went on the line, but it is all now festooning the loungeroom as it never quite got warm enough to dry it. I have given up and there are now flannelette sheets on the bed. The flannel shirts are hung in a row and I am rotating the back ones to the front so they pocket flaps can dry out before putting them in the bedroom, and the bath mat will presumably be soggy underfoot tomorrow as it is still very damp indeed.
Spurred on by the temperatures I cut a load of wood to supplement what remains and am presently very snug indeed as the various barriers of damp clothing are blocking any drafts that might remind me how cold it is outdoors! I will need to cut a bigger load tomorrow but since i have run out of chain bar lube (except what is currently in the machine) it will presumably be smaller stuff, using the drop saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment