Thursday, May 28, 2015

For a day that was supposed to be rainy there has not been much wet stuff about. Though as I type a further shower has started to land on the roof.

I decided to have another go at Boston Baked Beans - this time using my newly acquired molasses, as this is one of the recipes that actually calls for it. It is simmering away in the slow-cooker at present, and will hopefully be done in time for dinner. Also on the bean theme I am soaking some more beans in anticipation of making some bean and cabbage soup, to use up the last of the brassicas from the Community Garden. I will not be fit for polite company for some time, methinks, lol.

I finally picked up some chain bar lube and cut a small barrow of wood, since it really hasn't been necessary to light the fire during the day (well, not till around two-ish) lately. Since tomorrow will be busy, and Saturday will be showers and the four days after that in single figures, I may have been a little optimistic, but will cope.

Had planned to get some more sewing done today but Sebastian was being a little needy so eventually I gave up and took him for a longer than usual walk. Luckily the rain held off while we were doing that as it was too warm to wear the rain jacket.

2 comments:

  1. Holidays in Devenport at the moment and really aware of cold houses! Wish we had a wood stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wood stove is useful, but the insulation in the walls is better, lol. Amazing the difference it made when that was installed. Once I get it in the ceiling I will be snug as a bug.

    ReplyDelete