I've had a couple of uneventful days to be frank. Far too foggy yesterday to do anything useful and today we achieved our maximum at ten in the morning and have been hovering several degrees below that ever since (also grey, overcast, very damp air).
The Parattah Progress Assn met last night for its AGM (notice how many of the local committees meet only once a year then wonder why nothing happens). I seem to have lost my campaign to save the Grandstand which is a great pity, but at least they have agreed we need to do something about the water tank (a concrete tank with a galvanised conical roof that is disintegrating slowly and leaving bits of itself around the neighbourhood whenever we have a big blow).
I am once again VP, and have offered to assist filling in our small grants application so we can do something about the tank, and Heather, my friend who is moving into the village, has been elected secretary, even though none of them had the slightest clue who I was talking about, lol. Anything to avoid a committee position, it seems. And yes, Heather did agree to this when we discussed it on Monday).
I am slowly working my way through the fire wood as it has been necessary to have the fire going all day for the last couple of days, if only to keep off the dankness. Since I cut enough to make two rows of wood in the wood-corner, I am still pretty well placed if the forecast rain puts in an appearance tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment