Saturday, May 9, 2015

The bank didn't get cleaned last night as I had carefully put my car keys in a safe place and could not remember where that was. This is quite normal for me if I am under stress, and since it was Friday and I can clean tonight or tomorrow night without causing much fuss, I decided to leave it till Sunday and spend an evening in front of the fire.

This morning was more drama (not mine this time) as a friend who suffers from trigeminal neuralgia was sent home from the Royal as not having a problem despite having been sent there by his doctor due to pain-induced fitting. His partner was having fits (of the emotional kind) so after I cleaned the bank I took up the remains of the salted caramel biscuits to see if I could help. Turned out I couldn't as he had things under control by then, but am on watch in case of further dramas as the evening progresses. The Ambos from Bridgewater complained that Tina had not driven him down herself instead of hauling them out on a snowy night (right, driving back country roads, with a passenger having fits and no-one to accompany him and manage his problems). They were duly told off by the local doctor, and they are presently contacting him for a further referral to the Royal.

Severe pain with no physically apparent symptoms does seem to be a major mental block for many hospital administrators. In this case, the duty Hospital Administrator even refused to supply his name when asked for it (fortunately he did after having it pointed out to him that it would be easy enough to track down who had been on duty at the relevant time). It should not be necessary for people with a chronic illness of this sort to have to resort to the sorts of abuse and neglect that Peter regularly endures, simply because he looks like an aging hippy.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have had this happen. I do hope peace can break out sometime soon :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too EMW - not my kind of neighbourly relationship at all. I will try to assume it was all the sister's fault and move on from there.

    ReplyDelete