Well Brrrrr - yesterday's snow did not amount to much, but since I have been out and about much of the day, the house is still chilly as today was cool and overcast and is now raining again (not in a meaningful way, but passing showers that would get you wet if you were out in them).
Today was mainly garden stuff - the Mobile Work Team from Workskills came up en masse and we talked through the tasks. I have had a look at Barry's re-design and decided it is fine with just a couple of tweaks (like cutting the 12.5 metre beds in half by inserting a 0.5 m path in the middle to avoid squabbles and make it easier to move around the garden beds), installing rain water tanks in the 'voids' created by buildings, re-using our stock of pavers to defined specific spaces, but otherwise having compacted gravel paths etc. The team seems ready to take on all of our activities for us, but first we need the school to agree to the plans etc And as a last minute obstacle, get the school to agree to us using the Mobile work team... sigh.
Fortunately all my garden commitments tomorrow have been rescheduled, so I can spend a day at home - and get myself organised a bit - not to mention cutting more firewood as I will use the present load up tonight. I can also pop into town to collect some groceries and fresh veges which will allow me to make tomorrow's stew. Tonight will be a little more basis - oven fries and sausages I think, unless I can find some chops in the freezer.
The lad next door is complaining of bullying at school. I suspect half his problem is that he is making himself a target, and also wearing out his welcome at the principals office where he runs to complain whenever he feels someone is being nasty to him. I have suggested he discuss it with his counsellor and also referred him to a teachers aide I know there who is also Catholic and may be able to help him sort out his views (part of the 'bullying' is a male student coming onto him which is freaking him out for any number of reasons). I think next time we talk I will suggest he keep a diary (partly to help him work out that a lot of what he is reacting to is pretty small beer really) and that will allow him t build up a picture, rather than running for help on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment