Saturday, October 5, 2013

The ground is fairly sodden after the last few days so the only digging done in the garden was to deepen the hole for the clothesline post. I have struck clay about 3 inches above the deepest I want to go, so I have left it in situ and will hammer the post through the clay in the hope that it, together with the concrete will provide a solid base less likely to bend when the wind hits things unexpectedly.

It was a nice sunny day but the wind spoiled things somewhat and so the only other things done in the garden were emptying out the metal trough (to be moved closer to house for ease of watering and planting out chives) and buying three strawberry plants at the Parattah Spring Fair (which has gone downhill badly this spring given the absence of so many of the key players - and the new minister lacks Meg's natural earthy honesty and strikes me as a bit more self-aggrandising for my taste. Still, a good chance to catch up with others who don't come out of the woodwork until the fair is on and to buy some lollies (now miraculously disappeared).

The rest of the lamb curry is for dinner tonight but I will also be starting off a sausage hot pot  for future meals. And for dessert I will try that five minute cook-in-a-mug chocolate cake that I have had the recipe for for ages, but never bothered to cook. It will use up the last of the cream I have left over from last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment