More encouragingly, of the four grape sticks that produced leaves but no roots, two survived the last frost in their pots and one has produced two bunches of grapes. Needless to say this is futile as they will be pinched out now I have the photo, but a good start and they will be coming indoors soon given the forecast (just as soon as I go out to tuck up the tomatoes).In case you are having trouble spotting them, they are at the base of the left hand leaf, and another just to the right of the white patch which is the back side of another new leaf!!
The kentish cherry is in blossom and the medlar is about to bloom while the apples are starting to progressively bloom from the bottom of the orchard up toward the top. The crab apples are in bud as well, so a good start to the season: time will tell how it ends.
Tomorrow being Show Day, the Sorell Market has been brought forward. So I will be heading down there with a view to collecting whatever plants and seedlings I can afford to fill the gaps in the garden. I also have four packets of seeds (bush green beans, two different varieties of carrot and some lettuce medley) which I can pop in once I cut some mesh to protect the soil. Meantime it is all weeded and turned over in anticipation. Some horse poo will be buried under the celery plants I hope to get tomorrow, or failing that, at our Open Day.
Progress is happening two steps forward, one backward on that one, and meantime Aurora has exceeded expectations and rolled into action on the matter of the Hall power bills. They are sending me a letter that I can in turn deliver to the present committee. Fingers crossed there is someone on the committee capable of reading it and responding appropriately.
No comments:
Post a Comment