The gods smiled on my birthday and the day at the beach was lovely. The dog and I had a wonderful time and he attracted his usual throng of admirers so came home exhausted and smug to tell the cats what they missed out on. We continued on to Triabunna in search of some fresh fish but the best I could come up with was a nice bit T-bone steak from the Triabunna Butcher which will be garnished with some lettuce from the garden and other salad bits and pieces from the fridge. I have not been to Triabunna since I was about 16 and a crowd of us went to Maria Island for a camping trip. It is an interesting, albeit dying village with heaps of unrealised potential. My latest 'when I win lotto' plan is to buy this suite of buildings which are down near the Marina. The two warehouses would make great high-end accommodation for passing yachties. Between the Marina and the warehouses is the pub which would also respond nicely to special care.

Just opposite these lovelies is a Christmas shop with all manner of exotic Christmas decorations all year around. Seems an odd venture in such a location but appears to be doing OK (it's still there a couple of years after establishment).
Other than that we bought fish and chips at the Marina and ate them in the sunshine then drove home (after topping up the oil as things were getting warm in all the wrong places.)
Glorious weather for the beach, but a but windy now (glad things are still very green, but time to get serious about the mowing I think!)
Shadow will only go in the water if given an incentive. We found a tennis ball which did the trick, but now his muscles are so sore he can barely stand, poor lad....
Happy birthday, looks like a marvelous day out.
ReplyDeleteIt was - we enjoyed ourselves immensely. And the steak was pretty good too!
ReplyDelete