Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oh dear. The stallion pony appears to have been replaced by two horses now. Unclear as to whether they are tethered but I sincerely doubt it. So it will be horse city around here soon I expect since the fences have not yet been attended to. I really do have to wonder what goes through their heads at times.

This morning I had a nice lie-in as the overnight temps had been immoderate and I did not sleep well. Then leapt out of bed to get into town in time to meet the sculptor who will be working on the Open Day. She has good ideas for the garden sculpture as well so hopefully we can work out a way to get the school to pay her for her work.

So I met up with Kim once she found the school and we had a good gab about the open day planning and also her life in general, then off I went to Diana's to collect eggs, mint and a few packets of seeds she donated to our stall, and on to Eleanors to have a council of war about how to progress the open day when the main obstacle to progress was not communicating with us. Suggested we suggest to him that since he is so busy he could delegate responsibilities to us ... fat chance.

I personally doubt he will since he does not want the school to see who is doing all the work (thus setting things up nicely for his preferred candidate for the presently non-existent position of teaching assistant (who has, by the way, made no effort to become involved so far). Perhaps I am becoming cynical in my old age.

So now I am home and drafting a response to the extraordinary letter I have just received from the now-President of the Parattah Hall committee in response to my demand they remove my letter from the Aurora account. Having phoned Aurora and found out what the obstacle is (they require a business administration number which, of course, is part of the records provided to the incoming committee and completely unknown to me as I was not Treasurer), and ascertained they will not hold me personally responsible for the account, I am now in a stronger position to reply to the remarkable allegations contained in the letter. Basically Bob's approach to life is that, when in the wrong, attack your accuser with counter-allegations. He may get away with that with some, but he is certainly not getting away with it from me. So my response is courteous, points out where the information may be found, reminds him this would have been conveyed to him 14 months ago had he had the courtesy to respond to my earlier efforts to resolve the matter, and informs him he might like to get on and deal with it if he wishes to avoid disconnection (I will in future be binning the bills).

Sorry little apology for a human being that he is ... grrrr


No comments:

Post a Comment