Friday, October 11, 2013

I am so knackered and so annoyed I may have to go to bed early tonight. Firstly the saga of our sign and LTG who are supposed to be on the same side as us but are so hell bent on driving the entire show they have actually caused us considerable delay in getting a sign printed and distributed. Their latest sally shows that their 'coordinator' has thrown a tantrum and will not deal with us any more while their central management want us to sign away all independence. We want to collaborate, they want to rule. Not helpful when they are campaigning against CSG and we are dealing with Shale Gas (or tight gas, as MRT would have us believe).

So that was round one.
Round two was a nice helpful chap who has some great ideas which we probably need to progress rapidly but since that seems to mean me and I am flat out organising the garden (more of that later) I can not rise to the occasion and neither can any of the other more reliable committee members. - this has been referred  to the committee for their comment and advice.
Round three was the plans for the garden - despite saying he did not want to get involved Barry has now decided to go ahead and design what he no doubt has wanted to design from the outset. Unfortunately while that is great for the Community Garden side of things, from the School garden side of things it is a disaster as the school will have requirements for disabled access (incorporated into my design) which are about to all get thrown out. Gah!

Then the afternoon in a blustering wind planting up the Teachers Garden with eleanor which had to commence with removing half the soil she and Barry have added to the bed with a fine disregard for the need to add mulch and other nutrients, then add the mulch and nutrients and then top it off with soil once more. Not aided by Eleanors tendency to ask your opinion then proceed without waiting for you to answer before she turns her back (she is deaf) and other sundry annoyances so I am feeling really gah tonight. Add to this, I don't get to see Barry's plan until we are meeting with Workskills on Monday morning and lord knows what changes he will have made that might need tinkering with once we have discussed it with the school (at least I hope we will be discussing it with the school). Too many cooks lead to chaos and acting before planning is disastrous but their preferred approach. Me, I like to do a job once and well - at least that is what I try to do...

So here is the teachers Garden at least - looking good I have to say despite miscommunication on a grand scale
 The light green blobs are lettuce seedlings from Eleanor's garden the green grassy stuff is chives. The two supports will have peas and scarlet runners on them ( once they grow)  and there are lots of other goodies there too. Eleanor was a little heavy handed with the Snail Bait, but live and learn. I read the instructions to her later ...
At home I finally succumbed and planted the strawberries in the planter which, as you can see, is down the side of the house near the gas bottles. It is a very windy spot, though gets sun most of the day at this time of year, so hopefully they will do well. Another small round tank at the garden (about 2 feet high) has been earmarked to become my mint bed - I will bury it into the ground and the depth of the container should surely curb the ambitions of the mint I grow in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment