Sunday, October 27, 2013

Launched an attack on the long grass which lasted all of 15 minutes before I realised the handle of the lawnmower was missing a bit. That would be the bit that holds the handle onto the lower portion of the handle - the big round plastic screw thingy. No idea where it got to as I have backtracked over the path of my activities and there is no sign of it anywhere. So I went inside to sulk for a bit before remembering i had some longish nuts and bolts in the spare room somewhere. Found these after a minor search and voila they fitted. So I did a bit more slashing before exhaustion set in. Still no sign of the big black screw thingy, so I guess it is lost somewhere down there. Hopefully it will put in an appearance at some point in time - and even more hopefully I will recognise it for what it is when I do spot it once more. I have entire selections of screws, nuts and widgets that I find which have clearly fallen off something, but can rarely find them when I relocate the place from whence they fell.

Then cut a few sticks of wood for tonight's fire (the days are milder but the evenings and nights still cool) and then positioned and marked out the location for one of the raised beds. Not got much further on that, sad to say, but at least I am ready to rock and roll when the spirit moves me to do so (hopefully tomorrow).


No comments:

Post a Comment