A middling sized wind today deterred much outdoor activity but that was OK as I was designing (redesigning) the School Garden to make the beds more useful and accessibly by wheelchairs. Presently a lot of the beds are way too wide for ease of use, and the paths are way to narrow for wheelbarrows, let alone wheelchairs and metres of usable land are under concrete bits and pieces. With the help of the Mobile WorkTeam from Workskills we can get rid of all this rubbish and start from scratch, which is what i am assuming will be the case. There are obvious immutables like the polytunnel and sheds, the footings for the glass house and the raised beds for the teacher's picking garden and children with limited mobility, but the rest should be viewed as disposable and so that is what I have done. It should work rather more effectively this way as all paths are inter-connected so that wheel-chair users (and wheelbarrow pushers) don't have to be backing up and turning all the time. I have extended the chicken run down the side of the shed to consume that negative space there, and have also added compost bins in three locations throughout the garden to avoid traffic jams and having to carry things too far. Seating in two or three locations and some under cover as well. Hope no-one else gets around to submitting their plans as I rather like mine!! lol.
On returning home from delivering that drawing I filled up the trough but have not yet planted it up as I am still having a debate with myself re: Mint vs chives and strawberries. Besides I have realised the mint Nathanial gave me is the perfumed variety rather than the sharp minty mint that I like (and which Dianna has in her garden if I can steal some cuttings). No progress on the new raised beds as I am still a bit bone-weary - I know I should work it out of my system, but I would rather read it out of my system on a day like today.
Spent the rest of my time drafting articles for newsletters, a flier for the Open Day, trying to work out what Eleanor is saying when she tells me a group is catering lunch for the day but then tells me not to say they are doing lunch because they might feel we are pre-empting them, and ... but it's all good. And submitted my supporting statement to UTAS for my application for the Masters Course.
No comments:
Post a Comment