Another surprisingly warm and sunny day today and the wind dropped to a dull roar so I mowed vast swathes of grass (though not all of it by a long stretch) and exhausted myself and had to have a little lie down. The dog who could barely move last night, seems to be easing back into action today - his muscles had seized up, poor darling. He had a nice long loaf in the sun while I mowed, so hopefully that helped.
As that was all so exhausting I repotted two lavenders (into larger pots as I still have nowhere to plant them) and gave everything a dose of seasol, especially the lettuces which I had ravaged for the salad last night. Tonight it is marinated chicken drumsticks (also from the Triabunna butcher) which I have just popped in the oven. No idea what I will be eating them with as the vege situation is a bit dire, and rhubarb does not quite strike the right note. Maybe pluck some asparagus, do you think? Especially as I can get down to it without having to take a machete with me now. Maybe some tinned bean salad? who knows - whatever inspiration strikes once they are done I suspect.
No comments:
Post a Comment