Today was positively balmy by comparison with yesterday, rocketting up to 10 degrees. Such was the beauty of the day that the quilting ladies insisted we all go to lunch at a local pub with the result that not much sewing got done. And what did get done was subject to the incessant drone of our lovable member who could continue to deafen while under six feet of wet concrete. She has been away a fair bit of late, so had a lot to catch up on...
So the top strip of five blocks has been pieced together, and the sashing attached and sewn to the main body of the quilt. But since the sashing is in two parts, one of which is calico, and that part had to be against the body of the quilt, but ended up against the upper panel (I blame having my brain bludgeoned into submission by incessant talking that required occasional polite responses). As a consequence I have some reverse sewing to do some time during the week if at all possible so that I am ready to start again next week. The two new Ohio Stars look good and will finish off the bottom row nicely. Of course once all that is sewn together, I will need to do the two border panels as well, so that will keep my brain focussed for a few more days I suspect. So no photos for your delectation I am sorry to say. Maybe next week.
In the mean time I will be busy pursuing documents and seeing if I can work out why the computer screen has decided everything needs to be 50% larger than usual.
Sounds like you need to go into screen resolution and experiment with the settings there. Good luck with it.
ReplyDeleteI think actually that I lost a video card driver when I was doing the updates. The basic card games on the computer are going very slow and tell me that this is the problem, at least for them. Will try to find screen resolution and give it a go though.
ReplyDelete