Saturday, May 14, 2011

That time of the day already! I have just set some haricot beans to soak so that tomorrow I can make some Boston Baked Beans, which sound like just the thing for snowy weather. Tonight it is a frozen TV dinner - chicken parmigiana - just for a change of diet. Too much healthy eating is bad for you!

I have replaced the paper in the bee hive with some carpet underlay, also with holes cut into it. The feeder is almost empty, though whether this is because the bees ate it all, or the liquid has spilled out and leaked all over the place is anyone's guess. There is a suspicious trail of liquid near the hive, which may suggest the latter. Anyway, since i did not have my kit on and the bees were busily stuffing their faces on the syrup while I was tucking the underlay into the hive and around the bottle, I did not stick around to investigate too thoroughly.

Went into the newsagency to see if they had some sort of useful accounting books that i could use. But I was utterly confused by the choices. There are income and outgoing books that are large, have lots of columns with headings, none of which make any sense. There are other books with lots of columns without headings that give me nasty flashbacks to Agricultural College and failed book-keeping course and there are other books that have lots of lines, but no columns. Not terribly helpful. Fortunately wayne has come good with an excel table he uses, which I will be able to adapt, if necessary to my own needs. Yay Wayne!! Now all I have to do is work out how to keep the income/outgoings of the work separate from the income (what income???) outgoings of survival. So that may require some fancy footwork, and maybe a fortnightly withdrawal of cash for personal use. Anyway, something to think about, since I don't actually want to be a 'business' per se, but simply someone who does a bit of work here and there.

Still pretty chilly around these parts, and more to come apparently ...

No comments:

Post a Comment