Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One of those less than impressive days when the temperature wanders from Minus 2 to eight degrees and the fog stays all day. Distinct nip in the air all day. I was glad to see that the fire, while out, was at least still hot, when I got home from quilting and so restarting it was a fairly straight forward exercise.

At quilting i managed to unpick the two mistaken seams and reverse them, with good effect, then piece the last bit of the quilt together. Two of the border strips are also in place and I expect to have it finished by tomorrow afternoon (so much so I have also packed some hand sewing to get on with if I finish early). So if you are really lucky, you will get to see the finished product tomorrow (or perhaps I should stop saying that since it seems to Jonah me ...). Anyway, Caroline has a hanging board at her place so I was able to see it from a distance today and I am well pleased with the overall look. Not so pleased with some of the piecing, but it will only be obvious to the picky observer and it is not like i plan to sell it. It will be a lovely addition to my bedroom and that is all I really want it for. The cotton wadding we, as a group, have in stock is thinner than that which I used on the flannel lap quilt, so this will be a fairly light-weight quilt. But that is well and good as the quilts go over the goosedown doona and a heavy one, such as I am using at present, spends a fair bit of time folded off to one side as it is too warm at night, even with the minus degrees of late. It will, of course, come into its own when the gales return and the weather gets really chilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment